It turned out I had enough yarn left to make a neckwarmer (see photo at right) for Annie
I started this on a size 4 US needle, but changed to a size 6 for the bottom to allow for more drape over the shoulders
Commercial mohair, overdyed. This became a scarf for my friend Gaye, in Australia.
Here's a simple Feather and Fan lace stole. The yarn is from Interlacements, rayon & linen, size 7 US needles. This stole goes with absolutely EVEYTHING! I especially like to wear it with jeans. It was easy and quick to knit. Finished dimensions 18" x 75". The rayon/linen combination gives it a lovely drape.
July 2006 The Mystery Stole #2 Knit Along
Vacillated a lot over this, telling myself I don't need another deadline, and when my first 2 swatches were disappointing I had just about decided I wouldn't knit along after all, but then……… I saw the first clue, and this part of the pattern is so pretty, so I was hooked!
Made another trip to the stashthatnevershrinks and found a nice cone of lilac wool yarn that I had overlooked the first time around. So I sat down with my needles, and here's the result:
Nice and crisp on this size 3 US needle, but it feels a bit harsh, so off to wash it………
But first I checked the yardage. Uhoh! Only about 750 yds, way short of the 1200 that was called for, so it's back to the swatching pad for me.
Meanwhile, washed the skein, rinsed in hair conditioner and it's hanging to dry in a very nice breeze that's blowing off the lake this afternoon.
It may not be destined to be a shawl, but I think it will make a very pretty vest.
More swatching, with some handspun soysilk I dyed in a pink/purple colorway. The problem was, I had to use a size 2 US needle to get the hand I liked, and I really didn't want to knit the entire shawl with that small a needle. And being a singles yarn, it was biasing a bit. Not enough yardage to ply it, so found a nice fine pink wool (no end to the surprises this stash yields!) and got this with a size 4 US needle. Nice hand, and I like the color, too!